If your company is considering an office relocation, whether you are moving across town or just down the hall, you are likely trying to get a handle on all the tasks that need to be completed in order to enjoy a smooth transition from one location to the other.
Relocation needs will vary based on the size of the company, the distance of the move, and a variety of other factors that are related to specific needs of the company that is moving (the type of business, whether they are expanding or downsizing, etc.). Often, planning the relocation of office space is placed in the hands of an office manager, if a company has an individual in that role, although it often takes the coordination of many employees to ensure that a move goes as planned.
One of the best ways to make your company’s relocation as smooth as possible is to hire a professional relocation expert. Companies that are experienced in moving otherbusinesses can help you plan all aspects of the move from one location to the other, making the move seamless and diminishing the amount of work required by employees. Relocation experts can also help businesses reduce downtime and therefore increase productivity since new facilities can be ready for business-as-usual when employees walk in the door.
What aspects of an office move can an office relocation service specialist (like GFD Courier) help with? We’ve put together a listing of some aspects of the move that can be handled by professionals experienced with moving businesses, both large and small.
- Site planning – Experts can help plan the layout of the space in a new location based on current s, as well as any needs and desires expressed by representatives of the business that is moving. Based on experience, experts can provide advice and recommendations related to the best way to utilize available space and how to make the transition go as smoothly as possible. Once the planning of the new space is complete, items can be color-coded to make it easy to determine where they belong in the new space, saving time during the transition.
- Packing – All types of packing can be handled by professionals, from the packing of documentation to personal items, artwork, computers and other office equipment. Packing of furniture, display cases and cubicles is also available. Companies can determine how much of their office contents they want a relocation company to pack and how much they want to leave to their own employees.
- Break-down – Anything that requires break-down in order to be moved, from cubicles to displays, can be carefully taken apart, expertly packed and then at the new location.
- Moving – All items can be moved from one location to another with ease. This can be done all at once or in stages, depending on the requirements of the business. In many cases, relocation companies can move the entire contents of an office during non-business hours, usually over a weekend, so that there is no loss of productivity during the move.
- at new location – Cubicles, furniture, storage systems and more can be at the new location. Equipment can be hooked up, plugged in, tested and ready to go. Additionally, smaller items can be unpacked, if desired, and placed in the proper locations. In some cases, all employees need to do after a move is show up and get back to work as usual.
- Storage – If there are specific items that are not needed or that are not ready to be accepted at the new location, items can be warehoused temporarily or for longer periods of time until needed. Document storage and retrieval is also available.
There is no doubt that moving a business from one space to another can be a difficult undertaking, but professional office relocation experts can help make the process go more smoothly and seamlessly, alleviating stress, reducing down-time, improving productivity and quickly getting businesses back to business-as-usual.